The seven Chakras of the body are energy centers that allow your self to receive, internalize, and also diffuse life energy. They are capable of “transforming energy” and influencing change within yourself or personality.
Bear in mind that the state of each of your Chakras at one time can be under-active, healthily balanced, or over-active.
Consciously or subconsciously, you can either activate or obstruct these Chakra energy sources through your thoughts, feelings, or actions. Here are ways to help activate them for self-improvement:
1. Crown Chakra – For Enhancing Your Spirit Energy
The Crown Chakra or “Sahasrara” is located on the top or “crown” of your head and its color is violet. Energy from the Crown Chakra creates the experience of “transcendence” and associates yourself with a higher purpose, consciousness as well as vision.
Obsession with materialistic things is the number one factor that blocks energy in this Chakra.
How to stimulate your Crown Chakra:
- Pray regularly or participate in religious activities – this helps you revisit and get in touch with your spiritual origins
- Meditate – this allows you to tap into your higher consciousness
- Sing your heart out – helps you get in touch with your inner self.
2. Third-Eye Chakra – For Enhancing Your Integration Energy
The Third-Eye Chakra is also called Anja and its color is indigo. It is located in between your eyes, and its energy is manifested in yourself as “intuition.” It works in relation to your left and right brain processes, integration of your male and female sides, wisdom, and holistic experiences.
“Busy life” with almost no more time for personal reflection is one of the major blocks to the energy harnessed in this Chakra.
How to stimulate your Third-Eye Chakra:
- Be still often – get in touch with your mind, body, and nature
- Take a walk – to stimulate or create good balance in you so you can sit still and write down your thoughts
- Take up a creative activity – e.g. write poetry, draw, or paint
- Clear the excess clutter from your work and life
3. Throat Chakra – For Achieving Meaning Energy
Throat Chakra is also know as Visuddha. Its color is blue and it is located in your throat. The energy from this Chakra is associated with “communication and expression” and has to do with beliefs, language, and metaphors.
Lack of focus and disorganized thoughts are the major blocks to this Chakra’s energies.
How to stimulate your Throat Chakra:
- Say what you are most afraid to say
- Try journal writing to get in touch with your inner thoughts or reflections
- Illustrate your thoughts through art, maps, charts, or diagrams to help visualize whatever it is you want to say
- Use metaphors to create new meanings or perspectives
- Talk with other people.
4. Heart Chakra – For Improving Your Community/ Connection Energy
The Heart Chakra or Anahata is located at the center of your chest. Its color is green and it deals with all aspects related to kindness and loving. You experience its energy as feelings of “connection” as you relate with others, participate in relationships, or engage with others in collaborative effort.
Isolation blocks energy from this source, most especially if you cut off yourself from a support system or from receiving emotional support from other people.
How to stimulate your Heart Chakra:
- Spend more quality time with your loved ones
- Connect with other people
- Participate in discussions
- Develop supportive “learning partnerships” with others.
5. Solar Plexus Chakra – For Harnessing Your Control Energy
The Solar Plexus Chakra is also called Manipura, its color is yellow, and it is located in your stomach area. Its energy is manifested in one’s feelings or experiences of “clarity” and is closely associated with one’s sense of power, confidence, and self-control. Individuals with overactive SL Chakra is often regarded as arrogant.
Absence of planning and lack of order causes major blockage to the energies from this Chakra.
How to stimulate your Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Create order, structure, guidelines or some form into your life
- Match your tasks to your personal energy level – do all your creative high-energy activities in the morning (if you’re a “morning person”) and your minor tasks or routine activities during night-time
- Expose yourself to more sunshine.
6. Naval Chakra – For Boosting Your Activity Energy
The Naval Chakra is also called Svadisthana energy source. Its color is orange and it is located in your lower abdomen. This Chakra relates to one’s feelings and sexuality, and is also associated with movement, creativity, doing, and achievement. Its energy translates into “excitement”.
Inactivity because of self-doubt and/or procrastination is the major block to this source of energy.
How to stimulate your Naval Chakra:
- Connect emotionally with others
- Do things in stages or step-by-step phases instead of all at once
- Try soothing/sensuous water exercise
- Do yoga.
7. Root Chakra – For Kindling Your Existence Energy
The Root Chakra a.k.a. the Base Chakra or Muladhara is located in your tailbone and its energy color is red. This Chakra is connected to one’s sense of security, self-preservation, or survival.
“Self-sabotage” or negative self-talk filled with self-doubt is the major barrier in activating this Chakra. NOTE: The most serious issue with this is that unless you are able to deal with your self-doubts, you are also limiting your access to all the other 6 Chakras or sources of energy.
How to stimulate your Root or Base Chakra:
- Confront and challenge your self-doubts to stop “sabotaging” yourself
- Visualize your tasks as completed and imagine the sense of achievement you will feel when you finally accomplish them.
- Listen or stay in tune with your body and learn to relax or release any tensions you’re feeling when facing challenges
Share your concerns and get support from others.
The 7 Chakras are both interdependent and interconnected with each other. They help improve and develop the entire person – both his/her irrational and rational selves, emotional and intuitive sides, his/her aesthetic and pragmatic tendencies, as well as material and spiritual characteristics.
You can help activate your 7 Chakra energy sources by following the tips above to improve your self and your daily life.
To ask a question from our consultants click here.